Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Readjusting

Readjusting  present participle of re·ad·just (Verb)

1. Set or adjust (something) again: "I readjusted the rear-view mirror".
2. Adjust or adapt to a changed environment or situation: "she wondered if she could ever become readjusted to this sort of life".



This is what I am doing lately. In every possible area of life. You name it, and that area is being shaken AND stirred. I am neither shaken nor stirred but am kind of sitting back and watching this all happen and am quite ok with it all...I think (which is out of character).  Watching how God, in his divinity, just works...simply, complexly, naturally and perfectly, it's weird, really. Amazing. Consistent. 
Always surprising to me, though!

To my right, as I type, is my framed wedding invitation which reads this common and simple yet profound verse from Ecclesiastes:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
So. Ready or not, the change is coming. It comes with a purpose. 
Entering new seasons and  letting the old seasons go.
Sometimes the letting go comes with reluctance even though the new season is equally as 
awesome and God ordained. 


Most of the time I hear people say  "this season" in a negative sense. Like the bitter, cold winter that seems like it will never end. And to be honest, usually when I use that Christianese terminology, I  use it in that context too. But now, I see that the season that is passing away and the one that is coming to pass aren't polar opposites, but rather just edited continuations of blessing. That's what's surprising me here.
It does not surprise me that God is good.
It does not surprise me that God is consistent.
I don't know what I am surprised at really.
I just find myself surprised.


It's as simple as this:


God's just readjusting my life, my seasons.
The seasons look the same but that familiar feeling of transition is present and undeniable.
{un}fortunately (I haven't decided which yet) these changes aren't as predictable likes nature's are.
I look forward and I see great possibilities.
And as I  "readjust the review mirror",
I look back and see some amazing blessings.
I am not leaving them behind, they are just following me now. Closely.

He readjusts my perspective.


And maybe I will  "wonder if I can ever readjust to this sort of life"  from time to time.
Who knows.
What I do know is this:
As long as my life has been readjusted: "set, adapted or changed"  by my God,
then there is a purpose. A divine one.
I can rest in it.
I can move joyfully into this new "sort of life".


I will joyfully readjust.


No comments:

Post a Comment