Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I messed up, I'm not messed up










Romans 4:25 says this

 "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us! The same thing gets said about us when we embrace and believe the One who brought Jesus to life when the conditions were equally hopeless. The sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God, set us right with God.
If I could just get a hold of that..

I slipped up today. I don't know why. Well I am pretty sure a morning squabble with my husband and an overflow of those danged emotions were the culprits.
 I just had a moment (4 hours) of weakness and gave in to all of the anxieties, the sadness, the 'whys' and the confusion.

Because I had a moment(4 hours) of those things I then started to bully myself with THOSE THOUGHTS..you know the ones,
 "well look at you. You aren't progressing very far now are you? What's your problem!? If you were REALLY growing, this wouldn't be an issue for you. God isn't very happy with you right now I bet. And what's with all of the tears anyway. Aren't you 28?? Things are going well for other people because they are in tune with God, you on the otherhand..."

The C word
Condemnation.

Romans 8:1 was ministered to me by a friend today.
Therefore there is now NO condemnation to you, who are in Christ Jesus who live not according to your flesh but through the power of the Holy Spirit.

and remembering that He became my sin so that I would be made righteous before his sight.

And I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that I am in a spiritual battle and that I am to refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God. I am to lead every thought and purpose away to the captivity of Christ

THOSE THOUGHTS are not of God. I was believing someone elses thoughts and crowding the Holy Spirit out not giving it room to be my comforter and speak truth to my heart so that I could fight the battle that was going on in my mind.
 My heart needed to cast all of my cares upon him because he cares FOR me

Joyce Meyer said this :

"When you fail (which you will), that does not mean you are a failure. It  

simply means that you do not do everything right. We all have to accept the 

fact that we have strengths along with weaknesses. Let Christ be strong in 

your weaknesses; let Him be your Strength on your weak days. If you are 

waiting for the victory in an area and you hace not seen it, rather than feeling 

condemned about it, be patient. do not receive condemnation; walk in the Spirit  "





Walk in the spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment