Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Risen and standing upright



 A friend of mine, Janet, gave me an Amplified Bible recently. I LOVE it.
I love other Bibles too but this one really helps me, explains words in context, as I read
Today I read this.


Psalm 20




 1MAY THE Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high [and defend you];
    2Send you help from the sanctuary and support, refresh, and strengthen you from Zion;
    3Remember all your offerings and accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah [pause, and think of that]!
    4May He grant you according to your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans.

I found it a bit ironic as I have not been reading my Bible for the past week for some reason, that the verses I picked were these. 
Because indeed as I read just a few short verses, I was feeling supported, refreshed and strengthened I can't say that I am in a "day of trouble" or anything but I know if I was, He'd be there. Because on an ordinary, regular day, I felt these very things the moment I started reading.Hmm what about that.

    5We will [shout in] triumph at your salvation and victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
    6Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.
    7Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses, but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God.

not only did this remind me of the sweet 80's/90's praise song sung by Steve Green, but it reminded me of how I need to be trusting in nothing but the name of my Jesus for my provisions, salvation and desires. Nothing else. Nothing.
   
    8They are bowed down and fallen, but we are risen and stand upright.
    9O Lord, give victory; let the King answer us when we call.

I am so thankful that He does answer. After a week-long spiritually dry spell per my own doing, I was reminded immediately of His faithfulness in my every season as soon as I made the step to meet Him in His Word. Whether I am faithful or not, he meets me again. The verse,
James 4:8 Draw near to him and he will draw near to you, was real today.  His Word always refreshes me, blesses me and inspires me to want more and follow harder after him. I have risen and am standing upright again,for today, by His mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment