Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Completely sustained

Lately it  has been quite amazing to me to see how God sustains us always.. especially in times of stress or uncertainty. I love the phrase "strength to strength" in this passage. It paints a picture of my mind of little stepping stones that are perfectly spaced apart leading to an abundantly beautiful garden. 
I am finding out first hand what it means to take one step at a time and how perfectly spaced apart these stepping stones of faith and provision are. 
Strength to strength.
And I am finding out that When I am completely surrendered, I am completely sustained.



Psalm 84



1How lovely is your dwelling place,

   O LORD of hosts!

2My soul longs, yes, faints

   for the courts of the LORD;

my heart and flesh sing for joy

   to the living God.

 3Even the sparrow finds a home,
   and the swallow a nest for herself,
   where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
    my King and my God.


{Sustained}

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house,

   ever singing your praise! 


{Sustained}
                        
 Selah


 5Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    in whose heart are the highways to Zion  
(signifying God's promised Land/ fulfillment of His Word).
6As they go through the Valley of Baca 
(which is the valley of weeping)
   they make it a place of springs;
    the early rain also covers it with pools.


{Sustained}

7They go from strength to strength;

   each one appears before God in Zion. (His promise)


{Sustained}
 8O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
   give ear, O God of Jacob! 
                         Selah

9 Behold our shield, O God;

   look on the face of your anointed!


 10For a day in your courts is better
   than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
   than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

11For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
   the LORD bestows favor and honor.


No good thing does he withhold
   from those who walk uprightly.
{Sustained}




12O LORD of hosts,

    blessed is the one who trusts in you!
{ Completely Sustained}


No comments:

Post a Comment