Friday, August 13, 2010

Smelling like Jesus

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  Ephesians 5:1-2



I saw a friend today unexpectedly and she hugged me.
I smell like her now.
It's a fragrance unique only to her.
It's a strong fragrance. It's not offensive.
Just strong and unique.John always knows when I've seen her because I smell like her.
Everyone asks her what she is wearing and where she got the perfume.

Just as I smell like her after a brief encounter I should also smell like Jesus after being with him. My time with him should produce a change in me, something strong!
And other's should sense it immediately.
I want to radiate my Jesus like a unique perfume that precedes and proceeds me.
It should linger on others like a hug from a freshly fragrances friend leaving them wondering what was different about me, wanting  their own bottle of Jesus.
I want to smell like Jesus





1 comment:

  1. love this and love you!
    is this your new perfume scent you found?!?
    :)

    ReplyDelete